Henderson, KY 2/12/21- Today and tonight expect slick and hazardous driving conditions persisting across the quad state region, especially early in the morning, and late at night. That’s when temperatures will be below freezing everywhere, and when clouds might best have a chance to induce a mist of light freezing drizzle, or isolated light snow showers or snow flurries may fall.
Saturday through Thursday expect bitterly cold wind chill temperatures from zero to 10 below zero are forecast across all or part of the area each morning from Sunday through Tuesday. We continue to monitor two winter weather systems for next week, the first Monday into Monday night and the second forecast next Wednesday into Thursday. Accumulating snows and travel impacts are possible with both weather systems.
- WHAT…Moderate to locally heavy snow possible with a total snow accumulations of 4 or more inches possible.
- WHERE…Southwest Indiana, southeast Missouri, western Kentucky and southern Illinois.
- WHEN…From Sunday night through late Monday night.
- IMPACTS…The concern for hazardous travel conditions continues to increase. The morning and evening commute could be impacted on Monday.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Very cold wind chill temperatures are also forecast. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph could cause snow to drift.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.
Information provided by the National Weather Service of Paducah, KY.