Henderson, Ky 10/29/21- On Wednesday, Lt. Gov. Jacqueline Coleman joined Kentucky State Police (KSP) to recognize the promotion of 26 troopers and officers who have been promoted since May 1, 2021. One lieutenant colonel, one major, four captains, four lieutenants and 16 sergeants where commissioned with a mission of creating a better Kentucky through public safety efforts and service to all Kentuckians.
During the ceremony, KSP Commissioner Phillip Burnett, Jr. challenged troopers and officers to strive for excellence.
“It’s an incredible responsibility. You’ve earned it, but now you have to keep earning it, each and every day. I have every confidence that you will do just that, never allowing anything to tarnish the accomplishments you have worked so hard to achieve.”Phillip Burnett, Jr, KSP Commissioner
Post 16 area promotions include:
- Sergeant Aaron Pryor was promoted to lieutenant and is assigned to Post 16 Henderson.
- Sergeant Brandon M. Goodman was promoted to lieutenant and is assigned to the CVE West Region.
- Trooper Jason A. Adkison was promoted to sergeant and is assigned to Post 16 Henderson.
- Trooper Myles T. Scott was promoted to sergeant and is assigned to Post 16 Henderson.
- Trooper Timothy A. Payne was promoted to sergeant and is assigned to Post 16 Henderson.
“Promoting these skilled men into the roles of leadership will not only enhance our service to our communities but also provide the additional support to our troopers answering the calls of service”.Captain Brenton Ford, Post 16 Commander
A complete listing of all the officers who promoted can be found here.
The mission of KSP is to promote public safety through service, integrity and professionalism using partnerships to prevent, reduce and deter crime and the fear of crime, enhance highway safety through education and enforcement, safeguard property and protect individual rights.
Feature Photo Caption (Left to right): Lt. Brandon Goodman; Sergeant Tim Payne; Sergeant Myles Scott; Sergeant Jason Adkinson and Lt. Aaron Pryor.