HENDERSON, KY 7/1/21– Monday, July 5, is a holiday for City of Henderson employees so city offices will be closed, including the Henderson Municipal Center.
The closing also includes Parks Department and the John F. Kennedy Community Center, but Atkinson Pool will be open for regular hours, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Henderson Area Rapid Transit also will not run on Monday but will resume normal routes on Tuesday, July 6.
Trash collection in the City of Henderson and services at the landfill/transfer station will operate on a slightly different schedule the week following the July 4th weekend. Here’s the schedule:
- Monday, July 5: No trash pickup.
- Tuesday, July 6: All of Monday routes and Tuesday routes that are north of 12th Street.
- Wednesday, July 7: The remainder of Tuesday routes and Wednesday routes.
- Thursday, July 8: Normal trash pickup.
- Friday, July 9: Normal trash pickup.
Residential collection begins at 5 a.m. (summer hours). The landfill/transfer station will be closed on Monday, July 5, but will also reopen for normal operations at 7 a.m., on Tuesday, July 6.
It will not be recycling week in the City of Henderson.