Female Attempts to Evade Officer After Stealing Jeep Wrangler
Henderson, KY 1/5/22- Just after 5AM on Wednesday, the Henderson Police were called to the 3000 block US HWY 41 North in reference to a white Jeep Wrangler that had reportedly driven through a white fence surrounding the Audubon Chrysler Center car lot.
When officers arrived in the area of Highway 41, they located the white Jeep Wrangler, and it took off attempting to evade officers. According to police, the white Jeep Wrangler did not have any headlights illuminated and was driving very erratically. Spike strips were deployed causing the vehicle to come to a stop at 10th Street and North Elm Street.
Melissa Cobb, 29 of Henderson, was identified as the driver of the Jeep. Cobb was arrested and transported to the Henderson County Detention Center where she is currently being held on charges for:
- Criminal Mischief (1st Degree)
- Fleeing and Evading Police (1st Degree) (Motor Vehicle)
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance
- Disregarding a Stop Sign
- Failure to or Improper Signal
- Failure to Illuminate Head Lamps
- Operating on Suspended Operators License
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Failure to Maintain Insurance
- Theft of Auto over 10,000
- Failure to Appear Arrest Warrant