HENDERSON, Ky. 8/24/21– The City of Henderson Board of Commissioners, at its regular meeting on Aug. 24th, finalized the ordinance that annexes the site of the Pratt Industries project that was announced on July 29th by Governor Andy Beshear into the city.
The multi-billion-dollar packing and recycling company will construct a $400 million corrugated box recycling and manufacturing complex on the Kentucky 425 By-Pass that within five years is expected to employ at least 321 people at wages averaging nearly $30 per hour.
Also at the Tuesday night meeting, the board passed the first reading of an ordinance that sets the 2021 tax rates. There is no change in the real property tax rate, which is 49 cents per $100 of assessed value. The personal property rate was reduced by 10 percent, and the motor vehicles/watercraft rate is frozen at the 1984 rate. A 2021 tax bill is due in full by Jan. 5, 2022. Payment by the end of the business day on Nov. 15 earns a 1 percent discount.
In other business, the commission:
- Finalized the ambulance ordinance to reflect a new agreement with Deaconess EMS.
- Passed first readings of several ordinances that make changes in employee positions, job classifications, the pay plan and personnel policy.
- Approved a resolution outlining expenditures of funds allocated through the American Rescue Plan Act.
- Approved a resolution pledging reimbursement of capital expenditures to finance a solid waste disposal facility supporting the Pratt Industries project.
- Approved a contract with Skinner Design Associates for professional services relating to the Sports Complex that’s under development.
- Presented employee Doris Mallory with a 20-year service award pin.
- Approved the reappointment of Bill Stephens to the Parks Board, Brenna Caudill to the Parks Board and reappointment of Elizabeth Ahmadi to the Henderson-Henderson County Human Rights Commission.
The next city commission meeting is set for 3 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14th.
Henderson, KY 10/25/21- Henderson City and County emergency responders were called to the scene of a fatal collision just after…
Henderson, KY 10/14/21- Henderson Police say a white male approximately 6’0″ tall, thin build, orange hair, beard, wearing a green…
Henderson, KY 10/14/21- Just before 10PM, emergency responders were called out to the area of 120 N. Elm Street in…
Henderson, KY 10/6/21- (7PM)The Henderson Fire Department was called out to the report of a possible building on fire at…
Henderson KY 10/6/21- Henderson emergency responders were called to the 1600 block of South Green Street Wednesday morning for the…