Henderson, KY 10/29/21- According to the City of Henderson’s October Newsletter, the local Halloween events coming up this weekend include trick-or-treating in downtown Henderson set for 3-5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 29th. The Henderson Police Department recommend residential trick-or-treating hours for 3-6 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 31st. Trunk-or-Treat at the Library is set to begin at 3PM on Friday, Oct. 29th.
AROUND TOWN. Other local events happening this weekend:
Skateway USA will have its Halloween party Saturday night October 30th from 7-10pm. $10 per person, if you wear a Halloween costume you can skate for $5.
The Community Baptist Church and Henderson Christian Community Outreach invite the public to join them at the fall festival on 10/31/21 from 4-6PM at the Community Baptist Church. Address is 1026 Pebble Creek Drive. Trunk-or-treating and a costume contest plus hotdogs and chips. The outdoor event will be cancelled due to any inclement weather.
KEEP IT SAFE THIS YEAR! Kids love the magic of Halloween, but the lingering COVID-19 pandemic means the holiday may be a bit different again this year. You can still have fun! CDC guidelines. Follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines to ensure your celebrations are safe.
- Costumes. All costumes, wigs and accesories should be fire-resistant.
- Makeup. When buying Halloween makeup, make sure it is nontoxic and always test it on a small area first.
- Be seen. If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags, and/or give them glow sticks.
- Out and about. A responsible adult should accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds.
- Older goblins. If your older children are going alone, plan and review a route acceptable to you.
- Stranger danger. Teach your children never to enter a stranger’s home or car.
- Put down the phone. Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Check the loot. Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home.
- Clean up. Remove all makeup before children go to bed to prevent skin and eye irritations.