Henderson, KY, 1/10/22- Trash collection in the City of Henderson and services at the landfill/transfer station will be operating on a different schedule the week of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. Monday, Jan. 17th, is a holiday for the City of Henderson employees and there will be no trash collection that day.
Here is the schedule for the week:
- Monday, Jan. 17th: Holiday. No collection.
- Tuesday, Jan. 18th: Regular Monday routes and that portion of Tuesday routes that are north of 12th Street will be collected.
- Wednesday, Jan. 19th: The remainder of Tuesday routes and all of Wednesday routes will be collected.
- Thursday, Jan. 20th: Normal collection.
- Friday, Jan. 21st: Normal collection.
Residential trash collection begins at 5AM.
You can download a schedule outlining trash collection changes for holiday weeks at https://www.cityofhendersonky.org/DocumentCenter/View/3593/2022-Altered-Trash-Schedule. It also is available to download at the City of Henderson Facebook page.
The landfill/transfer station also will be closed on Monday, Jan. 17th and it will reopen for normal operations at 7AM, on Tuesday, Jan. 18th.
The holiday week is not recycling week this year.
You can download a schedule outlining changes in the biweekly recycling curbside collection at https://www.cityofhendersonky.org/DocumentCenter/View/3592/2022-Recycling-Schedule.
For more information, contact Sanitation Superintendent David Steele at 270-831-1225.