Henderson, KY 12/17/21- A number of holiday closings and change-of-schedules are in place for the City of Henderson and its partners this year. The list of changes are as follows:
Henderson Area Rapid Transit
- Henderson Area Rapid Transit will be closed and not running routes on Dec. 24th and Dec. 25th. The bus service will be operating on Dec. 31st, but will not be running on Jan. 1st.
Henderson Municipal Center
- The Henderson Municipal Center, 222 First St., will be closed on Dec. 23rd, Dec. 24th and Dec. 31st. Utility payments can be dropped in the box at The Depot Welcome Center parking lot on water street or at the drive through window. Information about making remote payments is available at: https://www.cityofhendersonky.org/254/Online-Payments
Parks & Recreation
- The Parks and Recreation Administrative offices and the John F. Kennedy Community Center will be closed Dec. 23rd and Dec. 24th and Dec. 31st.
For Christmas, this year City employees will observe the holiday on Thursday and Friday, Dec. 23rd and Dec. 24th.
- Trash pick-up begins at 6AM. The residential trash collection schedule for the week of Christmas is:
- Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 20th-21st: Regular Monday and Tuesday route.
- Tuesday, Dec. 21st: All of Wednesday and Thursday routes that lying south of Second Street to Dixon, Martin Luther King and O’Byrne, and east from Water Street to Atkinson Street.
- Wednesday, Dec. 22nd: Remainder of Thursday route and all of Friday route.
- Thursday-Friday, Dec. 23rd-24th: No collection: landfill closed and will reopen at 7AM on Monday, Dec. 27th.
- For New Year’s, this year City employees will be observing the holiday on Friday, Dec. 31st.
The residential trash collection schedule for the week of New Year’s Day will be:
- Monday, Dec. 27th: Normal route.
- Tuesday, Dec. 28th: Normal route.
- Wednesday, Dec. 29th: Normal route
- Thursday, Dec. 30th: All of Thursday and Friday routes.
- Friday, Dec. 31st: No collection; landfill closed and will reopen at 7AM on Monday, Jan. 3rd.
- Advanced Disposal Recycling will run a normal schedule on Monday, Dec. 27th. There will be no changes for the entire week.
- Cut Christmas trees can be dropped off to be recycled into mulch at Newman Park near the trailhead for Canoe Creek Nature Trail starting Dec. 26th. Collection will continue through Feb. 1st. The trees will be chipped into mulch for the trail. The wood chips from the recycled trees will be used on the Canoe Creek Nature Trail in Newman Park. Trees may be dropped off at Newman Park at the end of the southwest parking lot, past the soccer complex, near the CCNT trail head. (Follow the signs) The park is located on Sand Lane. The City asks that you please remove all tinsel and decorations from the trees before disposal. For more information, call the Parks and Recreation Department at 831-1274
- The landfill/transfer station will be closed on Thursday and Friday, Dec. 23th-24th. It will reopen at 7AM on Monday, Dec. 27th. It will also be closed on Friday, Dec. 31st. It will reopen at 7AM on Monday, Jan. 3rd.